ARCSOA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ARCSOA Universe

The cornerstone of the ARCSOA Universe

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A Powerful Statement by DetriotMcBlair

Go down 
+6
BooyakaDragon
ThundertheDragon
MrKyleCollins
RedViperGaming
f1fan
DetriotMcBlair
10 posters
AuthorMessage
DetriotMcBlair

DetriotMcBlair

A Powerful Statement by DetriotMcBlair Empty
PostSubject: A Powerful Statement by DetriotMcBlair   A Powerful Statement by DetriotMcBlair EmptyJune 4th 2015, 4:50 pm

Kyle Collins and Nick Pericles... Two really nice drivers, this is going to be a powerful statement by me about these two drivers!

In ARCSOA most drivers are treated with respect, there are the occasional arguments but most of the time respect. But two drivers stand out, Collins and Pericles. They get picked on by almost everybody, they get put down constantly in the forums. Why? Is it because of their ages? Nationality? I am constantly trying figure out...

Nick Pericles
He is a wonderful driver, kind, respectful, and doesn't take much harm to the hate comments he gets here. But why does he get hate comments? It's not in the SCS where he is treated poorly in my opinion, it's only the AES. Like, even when he won goddamn Indy 250 he got treated like trash. People saying it was luck, he was being a cocky brat, it was an upset and he has no driving skills, and other stuff. The sad thing is he has only had like 4 or 5 people congratulate him on his finishes in ARCSOA. Those being MrKyleCollins, Myself, Jeffjames88, Luke Martin, and I think one more.

Kyle Collins
In my truthful opinion, Collins is picked on the most out of almost everybody in the ARCSOA universe. He is a great person but not treated like a nice person should. Always being put down with comments like "Never gonna win a race" or "He is like a moving roadblock" Only 3 people I've seen have congratulated him on a race! Those being Wilhoit, FUELtheBandicoot, and RedViperGaming

All this has happened to them, and in the AES it also seems like they're setup to fail in a way. Like what we discovered today, Collins thought Kenny was gonna use the model Lexus Developments used. Turns out it is a model from goddamn 5 years ago and goes way slower than the other cars. That's not what I'm complaining about, coincidently the worst team is the team with Collins and Pericles on it!

Why I post this now? Because after I read Kenny's post about race 1 and Vernier's comment about the two it made me feel this was the right time to post this. I didn't write this to criticize the forums, or piss anybody off. I'm not complaining that Collins and Pericles are bad drivers in the AES because every league needs underdogs. I'm not trying to get Kenny to make BFM better. I created this to make a change in the forums. I don't give a damn if you guys hate on me for my opinion, as long as Pericles and Collins start getting the respect they deserve instead of shit. For all of you that read this I wish you a good day!

-DetriotMcBlair
Back to top Go down
f1fan

f1fan

PostSubject: Re: A Powerful Statement by DetriotMcBlair   A Powerful Statement by DetriotMcBlair EmptyJune 4th 2015, 5:07 pm

I was specifically going after there characters... you have to understand, that Characters are different then their real counterparts.

Their characters just so happen to be annoying, plus they also have made some pretty dumb decisions in the past. But I have only insulted their characters except when they actually do something stupid!

I do think that some of the forum does take crap out though, heck I banned YAMP for comments directed toward one of them, (can't remember if it was Kyle or Nick)

Last edited by f1fan on June 4th 2015, 5:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
RedViperGaming

RedViperGaming

PostSubject: Re: A Powerful Statement by DetriotMcBlair   A Powerful Statement by DetriotMcBlair EmptyJune 4th 2015, 5:09 pm

Thank you, I had a bad day already and i'm feeling better thanks to this statement.
Back to top Go down
MrKyleCollins

MrKyleCollins

PostSubject: Re: A Powerful Statement by DetriotMcBlair   A Powerful Statement by DetriotMcBlair EmptyJune 4th 2015, 5:17 pm

Thanks, this brightened my day. I can always count on McBlair for making me happy Smile

But I also agree with Kenny, we are just the targeted characters for what some would call failure. It's no big deal!
I wouldn't really care what he does with us but I do get insults that do offend me and what people don't understand is sometimes I stress to look back on the forums because I'm afraid of what hate people have posted about me...
Back to top Go down
RedViperGaming

RedViperGaming

PostSubject: Re: A Powerful Statement by DetriotMcBlair   A Powerful Statement by DetriotMcBlair EmptyJune 4th 2015, 5:28 pm

I don't mind being targeted, what I do mind is being slow and not competitive..really gnaws away at me.. Mad
Back to top Go down
ThundertheDragon

ThundertheDragon

PostSubject: Re: A Powerful Statement by DetriotMcBlair   A Powerful Statement by DetriotMcBlair EmptyJune 4th 2015, 5:35 pm

The reason why Pericles got hated on after Indy is because he had the GENIUS idea of stealing what would've been the first win for not only his team owner, but also a fan favorite and the unluckiest driver in ARCSOA. In the final corner of the race no less... Need I say more?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1KcUD6K1U0Rms5Z963BmOQ
BooyakaDragon

BooyakaDragon

PostSubject: Re: A Powerful Statement by DetriotMcBlair   A Powerful Statement by DetriotMcBlair EmptyJune 4th 2015, 6:26 pm

I do agree. Pericles and Collins do mean well, like Kenny said, we're being mean to the characters because of how their characters can be sometimes. separating reality and fiction is pretty hard though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/BooyakatheDragon
Finnish909

Finnish909

PostSubject: Re: A Powerful Statement by DetriotMcBlair   A Powerful Statement by DetriotMcBlair EmptyJune 4th 2015, 6:44 pm

Reality is, these two are just the nicest people ever. They are not what they are, if we see a comment, it's not about the people who used these drivers. It's the driver themselves. Their character. The drivers actions alone. It's like so.

The recent Indy 250 ended in a last lap pass. William Duncan was leading, and well Nick Pericles just... Stole one under his owner. I think myself, it wasn't right. And you say it wasn't. Not to the guy, but the driver. Namesake or not.

And the incident at the recent, Round of SC of the Elites, there was a crash, Collin's driver tried to break it up. Out of nowhere, YAMP just goes at the guy. Not the driver. Explains alot now but... Yeah.
Back to top Go down
Mr.YAMP

Mr.YAMP

PostSubject: Re: A Powerful Statement by DetriotMcBlair   A Powerful Statement by DetriotMcBlair EmptyJune 4th 2015, 9:33 pm

What Kenny? NO YOU BANNED ME FOR ATTITUDE. Short after everybody found out that was the dumb reason I was to be unbanned. You changed the reason to justify the banning.

Anyways I have tried to be as supportive as possible, and that you both mean well. I do try to take my time with you 2, because I got a real short fuse, and burns quicker with stupid. I'm sorry if I'm kinda mean though.

First Collins. You have been doing great in SCS, and it sucks that you don't get the same respect in Elites. Mostly because Sony Cup is harder than Elites. I have been able to get 3 wins in Elites in 2 seasons vs 1 win in Sony in over 12 seasons.

For Pericle. I believe you won Indy fair and square Pericles, and if William actually hadn't made such a big deal out of losing people wouldn't have hated your guts. It wasn't luck you were able to pass one of the best drivers ever, and actually hold everyone off for the win.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChES4cldbneR4GaSmX6S9Lg
Rykia
Admin
Rykia

PostSubject: Re: A Powerful Statement by DetriotMcBlair   A Powerful Statement by DetriotMcBlair EmptyJune 4th 2015, 10:56 pm

BooyakaDragon wrote:
I do agree. Pericles and Collins do mean well, like Kenny said, we're being mean to the characters because of how their characters can be sometimes. separating reality and fiction is pretty hard though.

This.  I think on an "RPG" forum (using RPG loosely here, as it somewhat is), for some people, it can be difficult distinguishing insults to a character versus insults to the actual person.  Personally I don't think insulting a character (when the insult is also made by a character) should be an issue.  The issue, in my opinion, is when things in character get taken personally, thus starting fights, flame wars, etc.  I don't remember exactly what happened (I try to let the league owners deal with that kind of stuff within their league sections), but I think this is something that could be useful across the entire forum.

Not calling anyone out or saying anyone is near that fine line or anything like that, just sort of elaborating on what Silverfish said.  Excuse my rambling. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://arcsoauniverse.forumotion.com
LHP14Florida

LHP14Florida

PostSubject: Re: A Powerful Statement by DetriotMcBlair   A Powerful Statement by DetriotMcBlair EmptyJune 5th 2015, 8:59 am

To be honest, I have picked on Collins out of character alot recently. Also I'm sorta angry Pericles has a win in the AES and I don't XD
Back to top Go down
MrKyleCollins

MrKyleCollins

PostSubject: Re: A Powerful Statement by DetriotMcBlair   A Powerful Statement by DetriotMcBlair EmptyJune 5th 2015, 3:12 pm

LHP14Florida wrote:
To be honest, I have picked on Collins out of character alot recently. Also I'm sorta angry Pericles has a win in the AES and I don't XD
S19 is gonna be your year, I know it will!
Back to top Go down
LHP14Florida

LHP14Florida

PostSubject: Re: A Powerful Statement by DetriotMcBlair   A Powerful Statement by DetriotMcBlair EmptyJune 5th 2015, 3:54 pm

^Yea, Collins. I'm sry a bout that rage comment it had been a long day
Back to top Go down
Finnish909

Finnish909

PostSubject: Re: A Powerful Statement by DetriotMcBlair   A Powerful Statement by DetriotMcBlair EmptyJune 5th 2015, 5:28 pm

I still like the fact Gloomy looks happy in your pic James.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Powerful Statement by DetriotMcBlair   A Powerful Statement by DetriotMcBlair Empty

Back to top Go down

A Powerful Statement by DetriotMcBlair
Page 1 of 1