HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Round 12 of Ohio @ OMS

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
f1fan

PostSubject: Round 12 of Ohio @ OMS   March 17th 2015, 9:33 am

Finguy to be remembered at Round of Ohio, safety concerns addressed with Season 19 car

The tragic death of Jeffery Finguy in a freak accident at Road America has made everyone quite sad and worried for the future. However ARCSOA CEO Stephanie Tilton said in a press release on Tuesday, "This accident would have been prevented provided that we had a metal bar at the top of the car that ran along the roof holding it up. Lights and Trucks have that bar, because their construction makes for it to have it, but Elites cars are structurally sound without them. However the Season 19 car will have a bar, aptly named the "Finguy Bar" that's sole purpose it to hold the roof up and not let it collapse like it did. We didn't think the roof of an Elites car could ever collapse like that, so it was never on our radar. Drivers must be careful throughout the rest of the season... but we should be on track for season 19.

Amid tons of controversy on debut, Pushanda hired on as full time competition director.

Vijay Pushanda was contacted last second to fill the competition director role at Road America, and was far more aggressive in throwing out penalties compared to Todd Haley. However ARCSOA CEO Stephanie Tilton stated, "It was a breath of fresh air to see someone competent up in the hotseat during the race. We have rules in the book which were not being adhered to by the drivers mainly because race control failed to make a move on a given occasion. Vijay came in there and made the correct calls in every case. There are a few situations I didn't agree with, however that is expected of anyone just starting out in that position. He will get better as time goes on." Pushanda ruled the race at Road America with an "Iron Fist" and drew backlash from the teams calling him too aggressive. Pushanda fired back by saying, "The previous competition director would go drinking with the teams after the race. A person in this position is not supposed to be liked, and the more hated you are, the better job you are doing. They all are going to complain, however I am not going to change how I judge situations because the paddock is mad that their drinking buddy is out of race control."

Last edited by f1fan on March 18th 2015, 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DetriotMcBlair

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 of Ohio @ OMS   March 17th 2015, 9:48 am

Phadkar: "میں نے ایک مکمل شیڈول ٹیم میں میری پہلی ایلیٹ کی نسل کا منتظر ہوں. میں نے کسی کو نیچا نہیں کرنے کی امید ہے. میرے ساتھی کوپر کے لئے گڈ لک"

Danial (Translator): "I am looking forward to my first Elite's race in a full schedule team. I hope to not let anybody down. Good luck to my teammate Cooper"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FitzwaterAustralia59

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 of Ohio @ OMS   March 17th 2015, 10:00 am

How about slow the damn cars down under 200 MPH for crying out loud. Anyways forgetting all the BS from last week I'm getting my revenge at this track
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr.YAMP

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 of Ohio @ OMS   March 17th 2015, 10:22 am

Jordan Davis: If I remember correctly Bryce was such a hard head about safety that he installed the forward roll bar (now Finguy Bar) on the Carolina's. I'll be grabbing one from one of the Lights teams. Anyways I feeling sorry for the Finguy family. He was a great teammate, and a great friend. I never have been so close to a death of a driver than now. I mean he was my teammate we saw each other almost everyday. He will never be forgotten. Whoever we can get to drive in his place has some big shoes to fill next season.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChES4cldbneR4GaSmX6S9Lg
MrKyleBusch1

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 of Ohio @ OMS   March 17th 2015, 10:35 am

It's weird because I'm at the track teaching some of these guys about the track and I'm getting dirty looks at me. I'm just trying to help out Phadkar and Syron right now so they don't have to be so nervous.
I just need this time of racing to reflect on what happened and get my mind straight
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MrKyleCollins

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 of Ohio @ OMS   March 17th 2015, 11:02 am

Collins: "I'm fine with you being here. Don't know why people would be giving you dirty looks, even if you were part of a wreck that caused a death. It's nice that you're teaching two rookies a little"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DKurtis

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 of Ohio @ OMS   March 17th 2015, 11:05 am

Kurtis: It's gonna feel so weird without Finguy on the track. Baskinger, I wish you luck, especially during this situation.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChMGwDuAN-NNXFdv9Bya1Lg
f1fan

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 of Ohio @ OMS   March 17th 2015, 2:38 pm

Kenny: Cavagnaro in a Pure Michigan suit... It looks like they have fired Demax.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CooperS

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 of Ohio @ OMS   March 17th 2015, 3:10 pm

Syron "I can't believe I've been put into an Elites ride, I will try to perform the best that I can!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Finnish909

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 of Ohio @ OMS   March 17th 2015, 3:18 pm

Thenos: "...I-I have no words to say... It's... So hard not to see my cousin."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MrKyleBusch1

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 of Ohio @ OMS   March 17th 2015, 3:29 pm

I'm just glad I have people on my side.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MrKyleCollins

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 of Ohio @ OMS   March 17th 2015, 3:58 pm

Collins: "Thenos, don't worry about it too much. Jeffrey wouldn't want you worrying about him, he'd probably want you to go out at Ohio and win that race. It might help to think of the good memories"

((Sorry if that is terrible advice))
Back to top Go down
View user profile
f1fan

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 of Ohio @ OMS   March 17th 2015, 4:02 pm

Interviewer: Alright Kenny, everyone has talked about the death of Jeffery Finguy, but the race must go on. My first question is, what keys do you have for the rookies when they make their 2nd career start here.

KM: This track is all about patience and getting a clean track around you. If you are battling with another car, you could loose a ton of speed here. But when you have clean real estate around you, you can gain a lot of time. That's why you see the leaders pull away so much here.

Interviewer: Is that also why the majority of the time, you see only a handful of cars on the lead lap by the end.

KM: That's one of the reasons. If someone is bogged down in traffic it is very easy for them to be lapped here at OMS. However the biggest reason is the pit cycles. Within recent years the majority of cautions take place on the pit cycle. There is a collision zone when people are coming out of the pits, and when cars come into the pits. I can imagine at least one caution in tomorrows race will be caused by a car exiting pit road, and a car entering pit road making contact and spinning one of them out.

Interviewer: Despite being a very small track, it is wide. How does that affect racing?

KM: This is probably the cleanest short track race you might ever see. The track is 3-4 lanes wide, which allows for leeway if you screw up. Despite all this, the inside line is really the only line that works around here. So getting to the inside is paramount. Going back to an earlier question, for a driver making their first "Non One-off" start, OMS is one of the best tracks to make it at, because it can be a very easy track to manage. The drivers for the most part, love this track!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BooyakaDragon

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 of Ohio @ OMS   March 17th 2015, 5:21 pm

Silverfox: "*sigh* This is why we use BMWs, our cars are ensured to be safer and faster than others. If the Series wants to be safer as most of the cars in the field look like they're made of plastic, come to us and we'll share."

"I accept every time I get in my car there is a 20% chance I could die, and I can live with it, but not 1% more." - Niki Lauda
Transformers Fan For Life!
Owner of the DuPont World Series of Racing and Championship Winning Team: Cybertron Motorsports
Elite: #91
Sony: #28
http://www.youtube.com/user/BooyakatheDragon
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/BooyakatheDragon
Rovenami

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 of Ohio @ OMS   March 17th 2015, 5:41 pm

Gideon Oldfield: We at Auricom have been on tough research on next season's car....and to pay tribute to the late Jeffery Finguy, we at Auricom have decided to run our prototype cars in an all black scheme for this race and the next two races.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Finnish909

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 of Ohio @ OMS   March 17th 2015, 6:29 pm

Who's the Replacement for Jeffery?

After what happend at Road America, talking of a replacement at this time. That's a subject avoided. As for who is, that might not be answerd until last minute. Whenever it be Skyla Johnson, Rosalina Psytomi, or even young Darby Finguy. Kyle Shock Jr.'s another name, yet he, as well as Darby, have to find their own ways to climb the ranks.

Tribute to Finguy, His Last Interview

Just only two days before the tragedy, there was an interview with Jeffery Finguy, if he indeed wanted to retire from racing completely.

"...As my heart still beats, a racer's blood is still in me. I might retire full-time in like two seasons from now... But hey, I still have (Skyla)Johnson, (Breandon)Jefferson. My cousin Phaula Thenos as well. They share the same dreams as mine. I hope they'll make it big. Not for me, but their legacy. Even Eris' bro (Kyle)Shock Jr.'s got a bright future, as my sis. We might be here until after a few generations, but if I go, the spirit never goes."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FitzwaterAustralia59

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 of Ohio @ OMS   March 17th 2015, 8:31 pm

I'm going to say it for the last time STOP TALKING ABOUT ROAD AMERICA MOVE THE HELL ON before I confront all DRIVERS in the paddock and I MEAN EVERYONE
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MrKyleBusch1

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 of Ohio @ OMS   March 17th 2015, 8:49 pm

FitzwaterAustralia59 wrote:
I'm going to say it for the last time STOP TALKING ABOUT ROAD AMERICA MOVE THE HELL ON before I confront all DRIVERS in the paddock and I MEAN EVERYONE
What is your problem
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wilhoit

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 of Ohio @ OMS   March 17th 2015, 9:58 pm

Porsche Update
Team owner, Tristian Wilhoit has calmed down and made another announcement over the Jake Baskinger and Sean Angel.
"I have gathered my thoughts and I am going to place Syron and Phadkar in the hotseat for the next two races. If they impress me, I will keep them for the remainder of the season, if they do not, then Angel and Baskinger are going to be reinstated for the remainder of this season. I still have no confirmation on my #1 or 2 Driver for next season, but they all better behave themselves.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tylor

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 of Ohio @ OMS   March 17th 2015, 9:59 pm

MrKyleBusch1 wrote:
FitzwaterAustralia59 wrote:
What is your problem?
...Fitzwater...what the hell?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Finnish909

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 of Ohio @ OMS   March 17th 2015, 10:35 pm

Thenos: *She stares at a poster of her cousin* "...You gave me a chance to race in the Elites, and I can't thank you enough. I promise to you, I'll drive like a bat out of hell, and help the drivers that have tributed to you. You were the best... I want you to know that... The gods bless you. Even your goddess that you were a king to..." *She softly smiles* "...Jeffery, thank you. You are with her now. Rest easy..." *She exits the Durbinsports Pit, a tear in her eye*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
f1fan

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 of Ohio @ OMS   March 18th 2015, 12:19 pm

Kenny: Wow, some fans got to the Pure Michigan trailer and spray painted it... LOL

Aric Simon (Team Principal of Pure Michigan): We blame Discover Ohio for this...

Kenny: That's a lie!

Aric: YOU SHALL PAY DEARLY FOR DEFACING THE WONDERFUL STATE OF MICHIGAN

Kenny: Laughing Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LHP14Florida

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 of Ohio @ OMS   March 18th 2015, 2:03 pm

James: I'm happy to see Cavagnaro in the paddock. I just really wan Me or one of the Durbinsports to win. I am going to have some problems focusing... Man I'm just sad. Can't wait to get all of our minds off of this tragedy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
f1fan

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 of Ohio @ OMS   March 18th 2015, 3:30 pm

Kenny: Wait, who filled our bottles of motor oil with maple syrup? DAMN YOU MICHIGAN!!!

Kenny: Damn, that Syron kid is fast... Fastest in 1st practice!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr.YAMP

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 of Ohio @ OMS   March 18th 2015, 3:33 pm

Anonymous: It wasn't Michigan lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChES4cldbneR4GaSmX6S9Lg
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Round 12 of Ohio @ OMS   

Back to top Go down

Round 12 of Ohio @ OMS
View previous topic View next topic Back to top