ARCSOA Universe

The cornerstone of the ARCSOA Universe

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Article: The Disappointing (So far) Career of Vincent Allen

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BooyakaDragon

PostSubject: Article: The Disappointing (So far) Career of Vincent Allen   August 6th 2015, 7:14 am

Written by DWSR Head Journalist: Shane Sides
-

Several years ago we watched the fantastic, but tragic American 700 take place at Daytona International Speedway. In that race was Andreas Allen, a long time driver in the ARCSOA Elite Series was in the race. Everyone now knows the story, he was in violent crash and was presumed dead for several years until his controversial return a year ago. The "dead" Andreas Allen had left behind his brother, nieces, nephews, and most notably his son Vincent. Vincent at the time was a rising star in short track series and was quite young for how talented he was. His calm and quiet demeanor had given him a good reputation with his fellow drivers and everyone thought he would do big things one day when he was ready to officially go pro. Not long after Andreas' death, and according to members of his family, Vincent begged and pleaded for his uncle Alex Allen to give him a ride in the Elite Series. At next years' American 700, Vincent Allen made his first ever Elite Series start at just 15 years of age. A lot of people at the time thought he was way too young to be in such a powerful vehicle. However, Vincent proved otherwise. In his first start, his first American 700, and just 1 year after the death of his father, 15 year old Vincent Allen won the American 700 in one of the most emotional victories in the history of auto racing. All of a sudden, Vincent Allen was everywhere! He was signed to drive in the Sony Cup Series and raced in the next season of the DuPont Cup Series after being signed by Team Thunder.

Vincent Allen was the youngest driver (Until this season) to race in a DuPont race at just 16 years of age. However his rookie season was for the most part disappointing, but the fans' confidence in him helped keep his career going for several years. It's been 5 years since his debut and now at 21 years of age, is still one of the youngest drivers in the whole garage. In the 5 years since that rookie season, many fans consider him to be a flop, his best points finish in 6 season has been 21st. In more than 120 races Vincent has only scored a single win which was at Atlanta in his 3rd season. While Vincent has come close a couple of times to a few wins, his lack of consistency has bit him hard in points situations. Team Thunder was on the verge of dropping him halfway through his 2nd season. By the time he won a race it was too late and didn't find a ride until he was asked to replace an injured driver and didn't really hold up well it all. The next season while he did find a ride, it was for the most part an underfunded ride, but...Vincent to his credit actually gave a team that had the worst equipment in the field a few top tens and outperformed his equipment to the point where the car would break apart from how hard he would drive the car.

The moment that saved Vincent's career was his family buying out the leaving Day Motorsports in order help secure the family's future in DuPont racing. AFRT knew that the equipment they bought was Championship material (A DayMS driver won the Championship the season prior) and that they could run well with it. This season was where Vincent really started to shine a tiny bit more. Finishing 21st in points and actually was in the Top 15 in points for most of the season until a string of bad luck hit him in the final quarter of the season. Vincent had stated in interviews that AFRT felt more comfortable to his style and being able to be around a more homey environment helped him make less mistakes and his consistency slightly improved, but there is still some kinks to fix. This season is Vincent's 2nd season with this team, and if he wants to make a name for himself in DWSR, he needs some wins and fast. While his family would never dump him (At least anyone would assume so), Vincent doesn't have to worry about anything except for the race track for the foreseeable future. Well actually, there might be something he might want to worry about and that is his rookie teammate Vladimir Petrov. People are already on the Petrov hype train and are already expecting to do great things despite not doing a full season yet. Vincent Allen is going to have to worry about not being intimidated by his new teammate more than anything.

Vincent Allen may still have some untapped potential, but if he is going to win back the praise and confidence of the fans, he needs to start being consistent and win races fast or else he might go down in history as a flop and a one hit wonder.
-

Comments would be greatly appreciated!

"I accept every time I get in my car there is a 20% chance I could die, and I can live with it, but not 1% more." - Niki Lauda
Transformers Fan For Life!
Owner of the DuPont World Series of Racing and Championship Winning Team: Cybertron Motorsports
Elite: #91
Sony: #28
http://www.youtube.com/user/BooyakatheDragon
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/BooyakatheDragon
DKurtis

PostSubject: Re: Article: The Disappointing (So far) Career of Vincent Allen   August 6th 2015, 10:24 am

God you make this sound like a tragedy, lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChMGwDuAN-NNXFdv9Bya1Lg
BooyakaDragon

PostSubject: Re: Article: The Disappointing (So far) Career of Vincent Allen   August 6th 2015, 10:31 am

DKurtis wrote:
Hey that's what my Language Art teachers tell me when i write stuff lol

"I accept every time I get in my car there is a 20% chance I could die, and I can live with it, but not 1% more." - Niki Lauda
Transformers Fan For Life!
Owner of the DuPont World Series of Racing and Championship Winning Team: Cybertron Motorsports
Elite: #91
Sony: #28
http://www.youtube.com/user/BooyakatheDragon
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/BooyakatheDragon
DKurtis

PostSubject: Re: Article: The Disappointing (So far) Career of Vincent Allen   August 6th 2015, 10:37 am

BooyakaDragon wrote:
DKurtis wrote:
Hey that's what my Language Art teachers tell me when i write stuff lol
Same here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChMGwDuAN-NNXFdv9Bya1Lg
MrKyleBusch1

PostSubject: Re: Article: The Disappointing (So far) Career of Vincent Allen   August 6th 2015, 10:42 am

Vincent is definitely an underrated driver in the series. I support him along the way ever since Andres supposedly died.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
AAllen22

PostSubject: Re: Article: The Disappointing (So far) Career of Vincent Allen   August 6th 2015, 11:20 am

OOC: Nice article man, does describe Vincent pretty well, he won the American 700, and hasn't really done much since,but he has had a solid start this season with a couple top 10's. Who knows,this could finally be his year to get that top 10 in points, just like Alex last year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Finnish909

PostSubject: Re: Article: The Disappointing (So far) Career of Vincent Allen   August 6th 2015, 12:51 pm

OOC: Sh*t. ...Finguy still sucked more than Vincent. Least HE got a win.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RedViperGaming

PostSubject: Re: Article: The Disappointing (So far) Career of Vincent Allen   August 6th 2015, 1:48 pm

Vincent's father was killed..I was Targeted during my rookie season...Yeah. Vincent barely won that one. xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Article: The Disappointing (So far) Career of Vincent Allen   

Back to top Go down

Article: The Disappointing (So far) Career of Vincent Allen
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ARCSOA Universe :: Offline Leagues :: DuPont World Series of Racing :: DWSR News and Updates-
Jump to: