ARCSOA Universe

The cornerstone of the ARCSOA Universe

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

A Compilation Of My Various Thoughts On The Community We All Partake In

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BooyakaDragon

PostSubject: A Compilation Of My Various Thoughts On The Community We All Partake In   July 15th 2015, 3:20 pm

I'm stressed and bored so I'm typing this out because meh.
-

Well I can officially say this has so far been the 2nd worst summer vacation so far in my life, just behind the one where my Dad got deployed to the front a week after my summer vacation started and didn't see him again for another year back in 7th grade. Anyways this time it hasn't been my Dad that has been problem so far in my vacation, it's the NR2003 community overall. It seems like the shit that makes the NR2003 community regarded to some as one of the worst cult classic communities on the internet. We're basically the Sonic fanbase of racing games at this point. Honestly I can't even comprehend how NR2003 has not been killed off yet because of the creepy and hormonal nature of the community. In recent years it seems to have gotten worse and now honestly it's gotten to the point to where I have given up.

Ever since I joined NR2003, hell ever since I joined any video game community, my mission has always been to make friends, chill, and basically forget about the bullshit that real life throws at me and others every waking day. I have an instinct to help people, any time anyone has a problem usually I try to investigate and help the best I can. Many controversial subjects the NR2003 community has caused and brought up, usually I try to be one of the ones at the diplomatic table area that has been shown in so many medieval and action movies. ARCSOA typically is a gold mine for controversies, and yet recently I have basically stopped intervening. Same goes for other private issues I won't give out because, basically some of it is not worth bringing up again or is not any you guys business. When someone gets pissed, I try to fix things, as like I said, I have a basic instinct to help people. I don't want any of ya'll to have to deal with any drama, maybe I tried too hard trying to accomplish that goal? When it try to be helpful, I never expect anything in return, a "Thank you" is honestly enough to make my day. That's how I was raised by my family, to be respectful and not greedy. Yet now....I'm just tired of helping people, maybe it's just me, but I rarely see gratitude at all. People like Ike and Wilhoit don't ever get enough thanks for their work, neither does any series owner. The lack of gratitude in this community (And NR2003 overall) kinda puts me down. ARCSOA itself also has been a cancer fest for stupid shit that makes my IQ drop. Not just on here, but on Skype as well. Constant arguing, people being rude, walls of text like this that really doesn't help at all..... <---

To give an example of the "creepy" part of the NR2003 community, read this: http://pretendracecars.net/2015/06/29/sim-racing-design-and-the-strange-community-surrounding-nascar-2003/

If you don't wanna read all of it, I'll summarize. A man who tried to make an NR2003 Encyclopedia got shat on by SRD for stealing the works of others for a freeware game filled with already copyrighted logos. "These people were more or less stealing real world copyrighted logos and designs off the internet to slap onto their pretend race cars, uploading them on their preferred site, and then claiming their cars were pieces of “art” and they owned them outright, and it was illegal to upload it anywhere else". Turns out SRD also has a few member stalking another individual, going as far as finding his home address and the address of his girlfriend, you'll have to read the article for more but holy fucking shit. Seriously, I almost felt like calling the god damn police after reading that shit, god damn. That almost made me quit the community altogether but right now I'm staying as far as I can away from that problem, so I'm not leaving yet. This pic also summarizes what I posted in this paragraph, it's too large to be posted in full so just click this: https://pretendracecars.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/srd.jpg

And then there's the online leagues. I've bee doing online leagues for 2 years now, and damn it feels like high school. Constant drama, little kids who refuse to be wrong, adults who act like children and so on. I'm sure most of you are familiar with the issues of online leagues on NR2003. Seriously just go to BRN14fan's channel for examples, like this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRM8IcppT5A and this... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1dWwGgIb20

Well how do I put it, I DONT KNOW WHY I STILL DO IT. Maybe it's because I try to let the positives overcome the negatives. There are some good people in the online portion of the community, DJ Kurtis is one of them, Dylan Schwallenberg (Though Kenny won't agree with that one), Cory Williams, Eric Dobbs, etc...But it's hard to forget about some of the low points. For example, most of ya'll are familiar or have at least heard of Jessica Shelton, she basically is my co-partner when it comes to online racing and supervises leagues we partake in and help direct, well, because apparently it's completely unbelievable that a female would race in NR2003 online, she got accused of being a dude and was stalked for months by people, and while she wasn't an angel herself during that situation, I do believe that she is in fact, a female. It's also really hard I guess for people to try and make up with each other, seriously bad blood comes in all shapes and sizes around the online portion. Some of ya'll are aware of the Eric Dobbs incident from yesterday where Dobbs' fiancee went on the mic (In a joking manner according to Eric) and told them to basically stop taking up her future husbands time as according to them, work seperate work schedules and don't see each other often. Seth Cole, one of the more well known figure heads of NR2003, uploaded a small clip of this accident which he got A LOT of backlash for. Many people were upset that this clip was uploaded, as something like that should not have been released to the public, especially not from a person who is the "leader" of the small corner of NR2003.

In conclusion, I'm sick and tired of the constant middle school-high school drama the overtakes the NR2003 community almost every day. Stalking, arguments, lack of respect towards others, immaturity in all age groups....it's god damn pathetic and ridiculous, it's disgusting and embarrassing, there are not enough adjectives to describe this piece of crap community. I'm tired of being helpful, I'm tired of being nice, and I'm tired of NR2003 overall. I don't see the good in this community anymore, the negatives are basically what I think is all that is left at this point.

Rant Over.

"I accept every time I get in my car there is a 20% chance I could die, and I can live with it, but not 1% more." - Niki Lauda
Transformers Fan For Life!
Owner of the DuPont World Series of Racing and Championship Winning Team: Cybertron Motorsports
Elite: #91
Sony: #28
http://www.youtube.com/user/BooyakatheDragon
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/BooyakatheDragon
f1fan

PostSubject: Re: A Compilation Of My Various Thoughts On The Community We All Partake In   July 15th 2015, 3:34 pm

The NR2003 community has been particularly LOLzy lately, it honestly pisses me off. But I do think that the people on this site are not all that bad. We may get mad at each other but it all works out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThundertheDragon

PostSubject: Re: A Compilation Of My Various Thoughts On The Community We All Partake In   July 15th 2015, 3:44 pm

I hate idiots, so you can probably figure out my thoughts on most of the community.

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1KcUD6K1U0Rms5Z963BmOQ
Finnish909

PostSubject: Re: A Compilation Of My Various Thoughts On The Community We All Partake In   July 15th 2015, 4:01 pm

I wish I could join in... But you took it right what I have to say as well. If NR2003 is like this, I'm gone. And I don't care if people stalk me. I got a way to self defend myself. And well... I'm not a big help in it anyways, so why the hell are people going to care about me leaving anywho?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rovenami

PostSubject: Re: A Compilation Of My Various Thoughts On The Community We All Partake In   July 15th 2015, 5:22 pm

Took the words right out of my mouth, Shane.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RedViperGaming

PostSubject: Re: A Compilation Of My Various Thoughts On The Community We All Partake In   July 15th 2015, 5:41 pm

Honestly..sometimes..people piss me off...when they do...call an ambulance..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LHP14Florida

PostSubject: Re: A Compilation Of My Various Thoughts On The Community We All Partake In   July 15th 2015, 5:53 pm

Im new to this community, and I have sworn that I am only sticking to this site for Nr2003 content. Why? because I feel safe here. Yes we have incedents, but those incedents are solved. I love this Community and I think its currently the best one out here
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rick.Johnson

PostSubject: Re: A Compilation Of My Various Thoughts On The Community We All Partake In   September 11th 2015, 9:35 pm

I need to log onto this site more. I wish I saw this months ago. This is half the reason I left online. And I may not return for years. Well said Shane
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DKurtis

PostSubject: Re: A Compilation Of My Various Thoughts On The Community We All Partake In   September 11th 2015, 10:38 pm

I admit that there are quite a ton of negatives that fill the NR community. For me, I just act like myself and tend to joke around with other drivers and race them with respect. There are some cool people to be around in this community though, so it's one reason I stay around in the community.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChMGwDuAN-NNXFdv9Bya1Lg
Rick.Johnson

PostSubject: Re: A Compilation Of My Various Thoughts On The Community We All Partake In   September 11th 2015, 11:07 pm

I just hope when I return if its in years that you guys stick around. WCOR and TNR, SFOX and Kingsford are fun to race. NNSCRA may last the longest cuz there the newest. And im not fully on board to run that anymore.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Compilation Of My Various Thoughts On The Community We All Partake In   

Back to top Go down

A Compilation Of My Various Thoughts On The Community We All Partake In
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1