HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Cavagnaro Family

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Toyota4lyfe

PostSubject: The Cavagnaro Family   June 2nd 2015, 10:56 pm

ALAN CAVAGNARO

Born and raised in Connecticut in 1978 Alan Cavagnaro lived. He loved Racing at first sight. His Dad did it up at local short tracks which got him into the love of racing. It was a family thing, every Friday night we go up to Stafford and we'd work on Dads Late Model and SK Modified for him to race. I always looked upto my Dad as a legend and I wanted to carry it on. Alan became very successful in the SK Modifieds at Stafford and won the Connecticut SK Modified Championship 4 times and racking up 85 wins whereas more than half were won at Stafford.

DWSR:

When the Modified Series was disbanded when he was 26, SK Modified Racing stretched across the East and became it's new racing brand. While getting married and having a kid named "Michael John Cavagnaro" he won a raffle for a blue and yellow 2007 Toyota Camry which changed it all. The car was eligible for a stock car league called the DuPont Cup Series. During the next year Alan tested his car at Limerock and learning that track and road courses in general. When the time was ready he was available for the big leagues. One of the first major racers from Connecticut he showed that the next year later that you can Finnish 13th in pts with an underfunded team and no sponsor. Cavy signed a year deal in the no.42 Dodge which led him to 12th in pts and made the Chase that year. Eventually a 3 year deal with CBM. He wasn't too successful in the CBMS and moved to Young MS in search for his first win which didn't take long. In the first couple of races Alan Cavagnaro won at Ireland on a dirt road course. That season he finished 4th in pts. The next season he and Baskinger went to Red bull where again he won at Ireland for his 2nd career win in DPWSR but his team got into a little incident with the Sheltons. Cavy again finished 4th in pts that season and almost won the finale at Chicago. Next season had hope. Scoring 2 wins that season after his ARCSOA probation (Birmingham, Homestead) he had the points lead for almost half the season . Eventually when it came down to the final stages of the season Cavy got wrecked by Davis at Wales and had no time to focus on Jordan. Coming into the finale at Chicago Cavy was 2nd in pts (-7) and needed to work his way up to win it. However, it was not meant to be. He was one of the biggest movers in the race from starting from the 30s to around the late teens almost however Smith proved he could bypass him in pts and the race and again Cavy misses the championship although, he gets a podium for the 1st time in his career. Currently now Cavy left Red Bull for his son Michael to have a ride and now drives at Michael Block Racing in the no. 07 car.

ARCSOA ELITE SERIES:

A year after starting in the DWSR Cavy was headed down to Talladega for testing. However he heard the ARCSOA Elites was at Daytona. He had generally only seen 1 race of this series but he took a trip down to Daytona. Then he met on a Subway down to Central Daytona AES Champion Kenny Myatt. Myatt realized he had a firesuit on and asked him if he was a driver. Cavy said yes and Myatt stated "We need a driver for the no. 83 Toyota BK car". He also stars harsh words of a champion. "This is your only chance, if your good, you stay, if you suck, your out." From then on that season Cavy tried his hardest and before he knew it he was getting solid top 10s. He finished the season 2nd in pts and also placing him S13 AES Rookie of the Year. After that it all went downhill. Next season he got injured before the season started and came back in S15. He was no where near the points but did score his first win at Oklahoma Coral. Next season he drove for Mace Enterprises in the 23. His first ever race in the car he won it at Fontana. From then on it REALLY went downhill. Running for Toyota for the first 4 races until getting suspended. He is back but gets indefinitely suspended for a 2nd time when planning on driving a Ranmo. However he comes back mid season in replacement of Zaedin Davidson at Michigan. Currently he know drives at Ferrari and hopes to get his 3rd Career win.

SONY CUP SERIES:

After a year in Elites Cavy has impressed almost all and has signed a year deal with CBM. Cavy had not performed well that season in his rookie season. Next season he is with Roush but again fails to perform well. Eventually he is back with CBM where Alan shows his talent and finishes 3rd in pts. The next season he is with Johnson Enterprises and scores the biggest win in his life. The Daytona 500. What a way to win your first race. Cavy ended up finishing 3rd in pts that season again. Next season Cavy did not participate in. The season after that he is with Bill Davis Racing and surprisingly wins 2 races that year. At Talladega and North Carolina but finishes outside the top 20 in pts. Currently this season he is running the no. 66 for ARC Racing.

OVERVIEW/OTHER:

Career wins total in top tier= 9 wins
Born: 1978 Connecticut
SK Connecticut Modified wins: 85 wins (4 Championships)

*Although Cavy has been known to be quite a Rowdy driver he does help out in the community. He donates a huge portion of his race winnings to the wounded warriors project. He has wanted to run patriotic schemes before but has gotten rejections. Also he runs marathons once a month to train himself around Connecticut for charity.

(Notes: This took me hours to type so... And before I get yelled at for making my driver a 4 time champion and 85 wins I made it an SK Modified Series (low ranking of racing) and plus it was only involved in Connecticut. So I think Michael and I are the only top drivers from CT so it all makes sense if you put it together)

MICHAEL CAVAGNARO (Coming Soon)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://youtube.com/user/alancavygaming
BooyakaDragon

PostSubject: Re: The Cavagnaro Family   June 3rd 2015, 1:01 pm

I didn't know Season 3 and Season 11 spanned 18 years Alan lol.

"I accept every time I get in my car there is a 20% chance I could die, and I can live with it, but not 1% more." - Niki Lauda
Transformers Fan For Life!
Owner of the DuPont World Series of Racing and Championship Winning Team: Cybertron Motorsports
Elite: #91
Sony: #28
http://www.youtube.com/user/BooyakatheDragon
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/BooyakatheDragon
Toyota4lyfe

PostSubject: Re: The Cavagnaro Family   June 3rd 2015, 3:07 pm

BooyakaDragon wrote:
I didn't know Season 3 and Season 11 spanned 18 years Alan lol.

What makes you think that? I was in SK Modifieds for like 10 years or so 17-27 or so.
Back to top Go down
BooyakaDragon

PostSubject: Re: The Cavagnaro Family   June 3rd 2015, 3:53 pm

You worded it like you got the #87 recently after Michael was born.

"I accept every time I get in my car there is a 20% chance I could die, and I can live with it, but not 1% more." - Niki Lauda
Transformers Fan For Life!
Owner of the DuPont World Series of Racing and Championship Winning Team: Cybertron Motorsports
Elite: #91
Sony: #28
http://www.youtube.com/user/BooyakatheDragon
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/BooyakatheDragon
Toyota4lyfe

PostSubject: Re: The Cavagnaro Family   June 3rd 2015, 8:57 pm

BooyakaDragon wrote:
You worded it like you got the #87 recently after Michael was born.

Yeah some stuff I posted on the forum was supposed to come before another. Michael would be born before I started DWSR. Maybe in the middle of SK Modifieds?
Back to top Go down
MrKyleCollins

PostSubject: Re: The Cavagnaro Family   June 3rd 2015, 9:14 pm

Cavy, did you notice that Davidson did terrible in that Pure Michigan car while you did amazing?
Or is that just me?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Cavagnaro Family   

Back to top Go down

The Cavagnaro Family
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1